Sunday, June 5, 2011

Day Zero...Testing

Hello my name is Leslie. I've just signed up for Farrell's Extreme Body Shaping. What is this you might ask... Well it is a 10 week program to get you butt and life in shape. I do mean that pretty literally really.

Yesterday was the introduction day for me and a group member I'll refer to as "S." We both are unable to the real orientation on June 11th since I'm photographing a wedding in Alta, IA...3 hours away and S is in a wedding. So we did our testing early with the people just finishing their 10 week regiment. After completing this testing I decided I should blog my experience... SOOOO here I am!

      Let me tell you why I'm doing this blog and Farrell's. At 26 I don't feel like my inside matches what I see in the mirror. I looked my best when I was in High School, (which back then I thought I was fat... I was an idiot!) Now I am married and have 2 children, a 2.5 year old son and a 4 month old daughter. With my first pregnancy my body didn't spring back to the way it was before, but it defiantly was on it's way back fast than it is now after my 2nd pregnancy. My mom and her Husband J did Farrell's 2 or 3 years ago for the first time and have done it again since, they have been happy with the results in the past and I figured what do I have to loose... Well literally my goal is to loose 30 lbs in 10 weeks but ultimately all I'm really loosing is my mornings in (6am class here I come) and $389.00. Totally worth it in the grand scheme of things!

     Back to the testing (which as embarrassing as it is YES I will post pictures and my stats) We did the Sit and Reach (hello H.S. gym class all over again!) and a minute of Push Ups and Sit ups. After that it was on to the Mile run (FML I HATE RUNNING). The first 3 "events" where totally painless, except for my ego being crushed when I could only do 8 sit ups in a minute, thank you to my to precious babies for that! :) When it came to the mile run I did WAY better than I ever would have guessed!! YAY ME!! The thing that got me very pumped for the FXB program was the team unity I was able to witness by testing early I did my testing with the people that were finished their 10 weeks. Everyone was extremely supportive of their team and everyone around them including S and myself!! But even more than just encouraging each other verbally or with high fives after I got done running the mile there were a few people still finishing and the person that was at the last runner finishing up was not only joined by all the coach's but she was also joined by a majority of her team. And I thought THAT'S AWESOME!! I had considered doing Kosama instead of FXB. When I saw this I knew I 500% made the right decision! :)  Testing may not sound tough but I literally crawled up stairs to my shower when I got home!!! It can only get better from here!!

So Here are the stats...

      Starting Measurements
Arm-  (Will update 6/14)
Chest-
Waist-
Thigh-

     Starting weight - (I can't believe I'm sharing this!!) 203lbs

     Look what I can do...
Sit & Reach- (Will update 6/14)
Sit-Ups- 9 (omg don't laugh I tried SO hard I guess my 2 kids are partly to thank for my out of shape abs)
Push Ups-(Will update 6/14)
Mile - 11:45

What do I ask of you as a reader? Support!! If you are a friend and want to do something with me please support me in my goal to shed the pounds and get my butt in gear!! Do you want Ice Cream? I'll watch you eat it then let's walk after! :) Thank you in advance for your support and encouragement!

My Picture will be taken sometime during my first week. I will post it when I have it!

1 comment:

  1. I remember in high school you were a teeny tiny little chick! Good luck getting back in shape and feeling better!

    ReplyDelete